August 27, 2021
We are committed to keeping all students, staff, and families safe and healthy while advancing our mission of educating students. While no one method will prevent COVID, the following measures are being implemented to mitigate the effects in our system.
The Dickson County School System has had the following protocols in place since the beginning of the year:
- Students and staff who are sick should stay home.
- To the extent possible, students & staff should remain socially distanced by 3 to 6 feet.
- Students and staff should cover their coughs, wash their hands, and practice other good hygiene habits. Signs will remain posted and staff will remind students to use these procedures.
- Students are not be permitted to drink from water fountains; water fill stations are available.
- Cleaning staff will continue to focus upon high-touch services and other areas.
- While facial coverings/masks are optional, we are asking you to strongly consider masks for times which we cannot appropriately social distance.
- For those eligible, discuss the consideration of vaccinations with your health care provider.
Effective Monday, August 30, schools will return to the following measures:
- Not outside visitors will be allowed at this time. To the extent possible, meetings will be scheduled via telephone or zoom. Vendors/others will be subjected to screening, and required to wear masks.
- Item drop-offs and pick-ups will be handled outside of the school doors.
- To the extent possible, classroom seating will be rearranged to minimize small groups, clustering, or other activities where students are clustered together for more than 15 minutes.
- Classroom, lunchroom, and other seating charts will be utilized.
- Requests for field trips and other off-campus activities must include mitigation strategies, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests for academic guest speakers must include mitigation strategies, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Schools will schedule only essential mass gatherings when indoors.
- To the extent possible, indoor athletic events will apply social distancing guidelines (every other bleacher, etc.)
These protocol will be reviewed after return from Fall Break.
2021-22 COVID OPERATING PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES
Following extensive study and planning, the following Safety Protocols and Procedures will be in place to begin the School Year. These will be subject to change based upon Federal, State or Local Guidelines or administrative judgment deemed to be in the best interest of students, staff, and the community.
Masks/Face Coverings: Masks and/or Facial Coverings will be optional for all students and staff. Any facial coverings must comply with current dress code.
Handwashing/Hygiene: Staff will continue to promote handwashing during restroom breaks, at meal times, and other times as needed.
Social Distancing: To the extent possible, students will be socially distanced by approximately 3 feet. Staff will continue to promote the concept of personal space.
Attendance: Students and staff who are not feeling well should stay at home. However, normal attendance rules and regulations will be applied.
Quarantines and Contact Tracing: If a student is determined to be a close contact ( < 6 feet, > than 15 minutes), the parent/guardian will be contacted. The student will be required to quarantine according to current guidelines. Confirmed close contacts will be reported to the Health Department as required.
Athletics/FieldTrips/Events: To the extent possible, co-curricular events will return to normal. Guidance from sanctioning organizations may be required.
Visitors/Drop-offs/etc.: We have reopened our doors to our community. However, some schools have revised or refined protocols for visitors, dropping off packages, and events. Please check with your individual school for protocols.